Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) warned on Monday that an explosive eruption remains possible as magma continues to rise inside the Taal volcano. Phivolcs chief Renato Solidum said the series of earthquakes in Batang...
The Philippine Air Force-Civil Military Operations (PAF-CMO) and its newly launched Supreme Student Council Society of the Philippines (SSCSP) composed of student leaders, conducted relief operations for the affected families in Batangas province. P...
The air quality management technical working group led by the Department of Public Services (DPS) intalled three air-quality sensors in Manila. This is part of the "Air Blue Skies Program," a partnership program between Clean Air Asia, 3M ...
The Makati Sangguniang Panlungsod has approved a P17-million financial assistance to sister cities, municipalities and provinces affected by Typhoon Tisoy. Makati Mayor Abby Binay said based on the recommendation of the Makati Disaste...
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is asking the public to donate hygiene and sleeping kits for victims of Taal Volcano eruption. After an aerial inspection at the Fernando Airbase in Lipa, Batangas, DSWD Assistant Secretar...
Elections spokesman James Jimenez said the Commission on Elections (Comelec) will team up with various shopping malls as satellite venues for the ongoing voter registration. Jimenez said the Offices of Election Officers (OEO) will soon be ...