Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) and the Ayala Foundation feted two police officers on Tuesday for their exemplary deeds of heroism. Maj. Gen. Guillermo Eleazar, National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief, said Patrol...
True to her commitment to make Quezon City a model in good governance, Mayor Joy Belmonte has instituted measures to put order in the administration of public and private markets in the city by designating a new team to handle its day-to-day operatio...
Government employees and public school teachers in San Juan City could now avail of a loan program that will help them settle their outstanding loans from private lending institutions. Mayor Francis Zamora and Government Service Insurance System (GS...
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte ordered an extensive probe on the supposed shady market deal in the city. “Walang puwang ang anumang uri katiwalian sa aking administrasyon. Dapat nating imbestigahan ang anomalyang ito para mapapanagot ang...
Mahigit 350 residente ang boluntaryong nakiisa sa ginanap na 3rd Quarter Cleanup Drive sa Barangay 14, 16, 18, 20, at 22. Ang aktibidad ay pinangunahan ng Caloocan City Environment and Management Department sa pakikipatulungan ng Department of the I...
Ten barangays in Quezon City are being strictly monitored for dengue fever due to the high number of reported cases in the past few weeks. City and barangay health workers will be on the lookout for possible dengue victims in the said areas The bar...