Articles worth reading
DILG Secretary Eduardo Ano

New PNP chief to be appointed in November

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Año said he is set to submit the shortlist of candidates for the next chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) to President Rodrigo Duterte before the end of October...

IBM vows to equip 30 million people with skills 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

IBM unveiled a groundbreaking commitment and global plan to provide 30 million people of all ages with new skills needed for the jobs of tomorrow by 2030. To achieve this goal, IBM is a...

Muntinlupa distributes 25,500 learning materials

account_balanceMuntinlupa access_time5 days ago

Muntinlupa Mayor Jaime Fresnedi (center) led the turn-over of 25,500 instructional materials for early childhood education division (ECED) learners in the city together with ECED acting chief Jenny Deuda Mercado (2nd from right) last October 13 at La...

Quezon City News

114 people catch Covid in Cubao convent

account_balanceQuezon City chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Public health authorities from the Quezon City Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (CESU) are currently looking into the possible cause of a Covid-19 outbreak in a convent where about 114 individuals tested positive. Massive contact tracing efforts are also underway to contain further transmission of the virus.

Fifty members of staff and 64 nuns tested positive at the Religious of the Virgin Mary in Cubao. According to City health officials, none of the nuns are vaccinated because they had their schedule cancelled. However the staff are fully vaccinated.

CESU Chief Dr. Rolando Cruz said his team became aware of the situation after the cases were recorded in the surveillance data reported by a testing laboratory.

“Hindi po tayo ang nag-swab sa kanila. Nagpa-test po sila sa iba at nang lumabas na ang resulta sa laboratory, na-record ito sa surveillance data.

Now, our team is conducting an investigation and intensive contact tracing to get more details about the matter,” said Cruz.

He added that part of the ongoing investigation is to determine if any of the positive individuals had any close contact with anyone outside of their facility.

The RVM has been placed under Special Concern Lockdown (SCL) since September 14.

Meanwhile, a report received earlier today reveals that another religious institution, the Convent of the Holy Spirit, which had 90 residents, has yielded 22 positive cases. Investigations are still being carried out. The convent had likewise been declared a Special Concern Lockdown.

Following a similar incident last week where more than 100 individuals including children, tested positive for Covid 19, Mayor Joy Belmonte has directed CESU to make an inventory of all closed-setting facilities in the city including convents, nursing homes, homes for the aged, rehabilitation centers, shelters for streetchildren, halfway homes for victims of violence and abuse, hospices, and correctional facilities among others, and instructed them to be more proactive in conducting testing and reviewing the health protocols being observed by these caring facilities and other high-risk institutions.

The City Architect and the Department of the Building Official have also been tapped to recommend ways in which these facilities can retrofit their buildings to make them more resistant to virus transmission.

Belmonte also reminded the public, especially administrators of facilities with confined and closed settings to observe minimum health protocols at all times and to report immediately to CESU or the barangay as soon as someone within their community is manifesting symptoms so infections can be rapidly curtailed.

“Patuloy po ang pagpapaalala natin na doblehin ang pag-iingat at agad na tumawag sa ating CESU kung may nakitaan ng sintomas sa inyong mga kasama. Mahalaga na maaga at maagap ang ating pagkilos para maiwasan ang mas maraming hawahan. Lagi naman tayong nakahandang rumesponde,” said Belmonte.

date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Oxygen command center formed

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

The National Task Force (NTF) Against Covid-19 has created the One Oxygen Command Center to be deployed nationwide to prevent and address the shortage of medical oxygen supply, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. The NTF has also s...

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque

Gov't respects Ressa’s Nobel Peace Prize

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Malacañang on Tuesday maintained its stance on the awarding of Nobel Peace Prize to Filipino journalist Maria Ressa, according to a report by Philippine News Agency. “The Philippines is a democratic society and every view, regardle...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature