Quezon City News
Quezon City extending P20 million for typhoon victims
The Quezon City government will extend an additional PHP 20 million financial aid to a province and various municipalities in Central Visayas that were badly hit by Typhoon Odette last week.
This morning, the Quezon City Council as presided by Vice Mayor Gian Sotto passed City Resolution no. 8802 S-2021, authored by Councilors Franz Pumaren, Donato Matias, and Wency Lagumbay and co-authored by the other members of the council, authorizing Mayor Joy Belmonte to donate the said amount to some areas that were battered by the typhoon.
PHP 10 million will be donated to the Province of Bohol, while the remaining PHP 10 million will be equally divided among the municipalities of Bais, Manjuyod, Bindoy, Ayungon, Tayasan, Jimalalud, La Libertad, and Vallehermoso in Negros Oriental and Ronda and Dumanjug in Cebu Province.
“The people of Quezon City are deeply saddened by the plight of our brothers and sisters in regions that were ravaged by Odette. We are only seeing the extent of the storm’s wrath given the limited capacity of media. We hope that this donation will bring you some relief from the effects of the typhoon,” Mayor Joy Belmonte said.
On Monday, the city government had already extended a P10 million financial aid to 10 municipalities in Southern Leyte, namely: Anahawan, Hinundayan, Libagon, Padre Burgos, Pintuyan, San Francisco, San Juan, San Ricardo, Tomas Oppus, and Limasawa.
The said Southern Leyte municipalities received one million pesos each from QC, through City Resolution No. SP 8797, S-21 proposed by Majority Floor Leader Councilor Franz Pumaren, Councilor Donny Matias and Councilor Wency Lagumbay, and co-introduced by the other members of the Quezon City Council.
The financial aid will be immediately forwarded to the province and municipalities through wire transfer.
The selected municipalities in Southern Leyte, Negros Oriental, and the Province of Bohol were identified by the QC Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council in consultation with the Department of Interior and Local Government.
Earlier, the QCDRRMC passed a resolution approving the release of the said amount that will be drawn from the city’s DRRM Fund.
The city’s donations are also apart from the PHP 100 million fund from the savings of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority that Mayor Belmonte unanimously agreed with the other National Capital Region mayors to release for the assistance of the local government units affected by the typhoon.
The Mandaluyong City local government announced the temporary closure of most of its COVID-19 vaccination sites as the city continues to grapple with the surge in COVID-19 cases, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. In a Facebook post, the...
Fully vaccinated individuals in Pateros, the smallest local government unit (LGU) in Metro Manila with an estimated population of 70,000, have totaled more than 69,000 by the end of 2021, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. This is accord...
Pasay City Mayor Emi Calixto-Rubiano ordered the house-to-house symptom checking in the city’s 201 barangays amid the rising number of COVID-19 cases, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Rubiano’s chief of staff, Peter Pardo, said ...
The Marikina City government passed City Ordinance No. 003, Series of 2022, extending the deadline of business permit renewal for local business owners, the city government announced on Wednesday, Jan. 12, according to a report by Manila Bulleti...