Articles worth reading
Former Vice President Jejomar Binay

Binay slams DSWD for inefficient 'ayuda' distribution

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time5 days ago

Former Vice President and now senatorial candidate Jejomar Binay critiicized the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) for the way it handled the distribution of cash to the poor. "Until now, some government officials are eit...

Hotel operators welcome lifting of NCR staycation ban 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The Philippine Hotel Owners Association (PHOA) on Thursday welcomed the government's lifting of restrictions on staycations in Metro Manila after it placed the region under more relaxed Alert Level 3 from October 16 to 31, according to a rep...

Binay included in senate slate of three presidential contenders

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

Former Vice President Jejomar Binay was included as a guest candidate in the senatorial slates of three presidential contenders--Vice President Leni Robredo, Senator Manny Pacquiao, and Senator Ping Lacson. Binay thanked the three standard bear...

Quezon City News

Quezon City launches livelihood program

account_balanceQuezon City chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

As the pandemic continues to affect many families, the Quezon City Government introduced another livelihood program for the benefit of unemployed QCitizens.

The Small Business and Cooperatives Development and Promotions Office (SBCDPO) in collaboration with the Office of the City Mayor, Office of the City Administrator, Sustainable Development Affairs Unit, Social Services Development Department and the QC Public Employment Service Office launched the “Pangkabuhayang QC” which is a livelihood training and financial assistance program for QCitizens who have lost their jobs during this pandemic.

“Unfortunately, aside from the presence of the COVID-19 virus, unemployment is also one of our concerns for the people of Quezon City. Through this new Pangkabuhayang QC program, we can help our residents provide for their families and slowly improve their circumstances,” Mayor Joy Belmonte said.

During its launch, financial assistance was extended to 200 beneficiaries composed of hog raisers, sewers, vendors, farmers, parents of children with disabilities and jeepney drivers, among others who went through a screening process for qualification.

SBCDPO Head Mona Celine Yap said that this program will jumpstart recovery from the economic decline caused by the pandemic.

“Last year, we helped businesses provide for their employees through our Kalingang QC para sa Negosyo program. This time, we will be directly helping our community members who continue to struggle during this pandemic. Pangkabuhayang QC will now give them a chance to open or pursue livelihoods for a more sustainable family income,” Yap said.

“This is still part of QC’s COVID-19 response. As we help open more micro and small businesses, economic activity will continue to prosper thereby bringing income across all sectors,” she added.

For interested individuals, they may contact SBCDPO in their official Facebook Page (QCSBCDPO) or call 8988-4242 loc. 8734 or email sbcdpo@quezoncity.gov.ph.

date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Muntinlupa shortens curfew hours 

account_balanceMuntinlupa chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Adopting a Metro Manila Council resolution, the Muntinlupa City Council passed an ordinance on Monday amending the curfew hours that will be imposed in the city. Majority Floor Leader Raul Corro said that the new curfew hours in Muntinlupa will be f...

18 Marikina households to exit 4Ps program

account_balanceMarikina chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

A total of 18 households in Marikina City will graduate from the government’s Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps), the Department of Social Welfare and Development's (DSWD) said in a report by Philippine News Agency. The DSWD said th...

Photo courtesy of Japan Embassy in Manila

Pre-cooked rice donated to Covid-affected families 

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

The Japanese government has donated two metric tons of pre-cooked rice to the Philippines as part of its pandemic aid to the country, the Japanese Embassy in Manila said in a report by Philippine News Agency. In a statement, the Embassy said the don...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature